Friday 15 June 2012

3 Weeks and Counting

Surrounded by palm oils, that's where I am now, Kolej Matrikulasi Teknikal Pahang a.k.a KMTPh.

28 May was the day of a new start. I ain't gonna mess this up this time. 

Week 1: Minggu Pengurusan Pelajar Baru (MPPB) / New Students Management Week.
The whole of week one was tiring, fun, extraordinary and unforgettable. There were a few seniors from TIKL who were our facilitators - Isa, Kak Aza, Ikram, Ju Boy, and a few others whose name I don't know :P Everyone was divided into four groups and we had to be in that group throughout the whole week. I was in group 4, assistant head too. HAHA. My group's name was Spidermite, combination of 'spider' and 'dynamite'. 

On Thursday (01/06/2012), each group had to perform during our last night together with the facilitators. For my group, we did 'Dikir Barat'. I got to play the gong :) It was an amazing experience for me, maybe the first and last time. Abang Sofi, the facilitator that took care of my group was an Angel. During frustrating and irritating moments, he was always cool and calm. never once did he scold us. Abang Syamil was the one who taught me how to play the gong :3

My mentor for this whole matriculation program is Sir Meor Azman Putra b. Ahmad. He is like funnest lecturer. The facilitator that watch over out mentor-mentee group was also Meor. HAHA. Abang Meor looks like a little boy, cute and innocent face. Then there's Abang Mazni, he reminds me of my twin, Cheng, a little. He is real adorable and can sing 老鼠大米 really well too.One more unusual thing about him is that he puts air freshener on his bicycle. All our facilitators travel on bikes.

Then came the last day of MPPB. One of the events was reading of the pledge. Guess what, all three representatives on the stage were from TIKL - Haziq, Izwan and Me. HAHA. All of us were shaking up there. Then that was the end. After the closing ceremony, there were lots of goodbyes and picture taking. Come to think of it, our facilitators were like superstars. Everyone wanted to take photos with them and wanted their number. Our facilitators were the BEST. I'm gonna miss them :/

Week 2: First week of lectures
More like introduce yourself in every class week. In almost every class we went, we had to introduce ourselves. It was boring and annoying. I had to repeat 'Nama saya Kimberly Tay Shu Yen, dari SMTKL, asal Cheras, KL... ... ...' so many times. Overall all my lecturers are nice. Maths lecturer a little boring, Current tutorial lecturer talk a lot, teach less. HEHE. The lecture halls are nice, but expensive nice but presentable nice :)

Week 3: Third week and counting...
So I have been here for 3 weeks now, surviving all right with other ex-TIKLians - Che, Nad, Ratna, Izwan, Fuad, Mad, Hanep, Halim, Haziq, SMS, Naim, Kimi, Syed, Wafi, and 2 more of them this week - Asep and Syahmi :) 
Here, we can rent bicycle every evening. That's what I've been doing every evening, zooming round the whole college, without fail :)

It's going to be tough, but we'll survive. 4 flat is our goal.

3 weeks and counting... 

Grey Matter shuts down here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment